Meet our Physiotherapist Daniel Martin
Daniel is responsible for leading a team that manages the health of the Australian Football League’s Umpires based in WA. In another role as Head Physiotherapist, he directs a team that provides injury assessment and ‘return to play’ rehabilitation to 180 Umpires within the West Australian Football Commission. In Dan’s words: I have a passion for making an impactful change to patients and working collaboratively with Medical and Allied Health staff to ensure safe rehabilitation.
I enjoy the art of getting an accurate diagnosis which encompasses all factors of a patient’s life. I like to take the time to get to know my clients and understand how the rehab can fit in nicely for them.
Dan holds a degree in Physiotherapy and Exercise & Sport Science from the University of Notre Dame Australia. Dan comes from a sport heavy background with various roles within the last 8 years, As a Physiotherapist, Strength and Conditioning Coach in Australia and America, GPS and Workload Analyst, and Sport Trainer.
Part of Dan’s education involved undertaking study in the United States, working with Specialist American College Strength and Conditioning coaches, providing him with a strong understanding of world class athletic training philosophies. He also gained specific experience with US Division 1 and Division 3 athletes in American football, soccer, basketball, volleyball, hockey.
Daniel’s enjoyed playing Hockey and representing WA in junior teams. He has since given it up and stays fit with hip-hop dancing.
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Exercise and Sport Science
- Level 2 Sport Physiotherapy
- Level 1 Pain Physiotherapy
- Level 1 Strength and Conditioning Coach & Level 1 Tactical Trainer
- Level 3 AAP Dry Needling
- Mental Health First Aider
- AFL Umpiring – WA State Lead Trainer
- WA Football Commission Umpiring – Head Physiotherapist & Medical Coordinator
- Member of Australian Physiotherapy Association
- Member of Sport Medicine Australia
- Member of Australian Strength and Conditioning Association